Michigan HIMSS Chapter –Orlando Reception (Feb. 20) & Select HIMSS 17 Activities
It’s not too late! There is still time to register for the Chapter Reception on Monday, February 20th.
Monday, February 20, 2017
- Type of Event: MI HIMSS Chapter Evening Reception at the HIMSS Annual Conference:
- Location: Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, FL – Salon 12
- Time: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Registration: Click here to register https://michapterreceptionhimss17.eventbrite.com
- Libations and Food: A selection of appetizers and beverages will be served.
As follow-up to MI HIMSS Chapter events in Public Policy held in June and December, 2016, as well as a one day event held on January 19, 2017, there are two, HIMSS17 conference sessions with related content:
Gain insight from state leaders on the anticipated opportunities for expanded connectivity/interoperability across the spectrum of care – linking clinical, behavioral, public/population health and other non-health systems.
- Esteban Gershanik, MD, MPH, MMSc, FAAP, FHM, Chief Information Officer, Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals
- Michael Wilkening, Undersecretary California Health and Human Services Agency
- Daniel Stein, President, Stewards of Change
Session Location: Room W311E, Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL
State Advisory Roundtable Exchange: Building Community-Based Solutions to Connect for Public Health
Join HIMSS State Affairs and the Stewards of Change to discuss recommendations and state policy objectives for improved interoperability and health information exchange during health crises (e.g. opioid crisis, emerging infectious diseases, environmental and natural disasters etc.). Open to all HIMSS members, local and state officials, chapter advocates, and federal staff.