Michigan HIMSS Chapter - More Events for Q4 2017
Introducing more details and more events for the members of the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS.
We hope to see you at one or more events during Q4, 2017.
1. Upper Peninsula Cybersecurity Presentations and Reception - Second Presentation and Speaker Added to Event!
- Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
- Time: Presentations 2 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. / Reception: To Follow Upon Conclusion of Presentations
Not able to join us for this event in Marquette? We will provide a virtual option to dial in to attend will be available for our members. In addition, the session will be recorded. Details to be released Monday, Oct. 23, 2017
- Location (Presentations): Upper Peninsula Health Plan, 853 W. Washington Street, Marquette, MI
- Location (Reception): Holiday Inn Marquette, 1951 U.S. 41 West, Marquette, Michigan, MI 49855 (located one mile from presentation location)
- Presentation Titles:
- “Updates and Trends in Healthcare Cybersecurity” [Presentation will focus on phishing, medical devices and ransomware.]
- “Confronting Cyber Threats: Cyber Security from the FBI’s Perspective”
- Registration: Limited seating available. Register today! This is a free event for members and non-members.
- Speakers: Linda M. Bower, CISSP, Information Security Officer, Munson Healthcare, and Kenneth M. Zimmerman, Task Order Officer, Federal Bureau of Investigation's Detroit Cyber Squad.
- Speaker Biographies:
Kenneth M. Zimmerman is a Detroit based Task Force Officer (TFO) assigned to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Detroit Cyber Squad. TFO Zimmerman has worked for the FBI for four years researching and addressing cyber threats. He has published reports on advanced persistent threats, malware analysis, and ransomware. He also has extensive experience pertaining to threats and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of fortune 500 companies. He specializes in computer forensic investigations.
2. Midwest Fall Technology Conference, October 22 - 24, 2017 (Indianapolis) There is still time to attend. There is still time to register today! The conference begins this Sunday, October 22, at 5:00pm. Conference Web Site: Click here
3. Webinar: Early to Mid-Career HIT Professional Development Opportunities
- Date/Time: Mid-November (details to be announced)
- Speakers: Mr. Eric Born, Managing Director, Medix IT, and Cheryl D. Parker, PhD, RN-BC, CNE, FHIMSS, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Nursing & Health Science University of Texas at Tyler
- Topic: Two speakers will address trends and options for early and mid-career Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) professionals. Mr. Eric Born will focus on advancing your career by reviewing employment trends for early to mid-career HIT professionals as they plan their professional goals and growth. Dr. Cheryl D. Parker will focus on the professional options available to mid-career clinicians and the various career paths they might consider for future opportunities. More details will be released shortly.
4. 2nd Annual Symposium and Workshop [ethical, legal and social implications of learning health systems (ELSI-LHS)]
- Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
- Location: University of Michigan - Palmer Commons, 100 Washtenaw Ave. , Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Topic: The symposium will lay out the ELSI of data sharing and translation in learning health systems that strive to be both FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable) and fair. The day will interactively address critical issues on data and knowledge sharing.
- Speakers: John Wilbanks, Elizabeth Pike, Kenneth Goodman, Debra Mathews, Peter Embi, Peter Singleton, Warren Kibbe, Joon-Ho Yu and more to come
- Registration: Register today. No fee required.
- Hashtag: #elsilhs
5. Detroit Area Winter Evening Event – Thursday, December 14, 2017
- This event will be include both presentations and networking. Watch for more details in the coming weeks.
6. HIMSS18 Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Reception
The Board of Directors for the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS invites our members to join us for an evening networking event while attending the annual conference. Learn more about planned chapter activities and how you can participate. We look forward to meeting you and enjoying an evening of networking.
- Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: TBD
Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!