Michigan HIMSS Chapter - June 2017 Summer Events
It’s almost summer and there are more Michigan HIMSS Chapter events to add to your June calendar!
Event 1 Don’t Delay! There is still time to register for this outstanding conference.
- Event: Conference “Connecting Michigan for Health”
- Co-Sponsor: Michigan HIMSS Chapter; areas of interest include Advocacy and Public Policy
- Dates: June 7-9, 2017
- Location: Conference at the Lansing Center
- Conference Web Site: Click here for more information.
- Registration: Click here to register today. (Note: Registration fees apply.)
- Attendees: Health information technology professionals, clinicians, health care leaders and decision makers, members of the state government, representatives of commercial health plans, and leading vendors.
- Agenda: Click here for an agenda.
- The Michigan HIMSS chapter is delighted to present the lunch panel discussion.
- Date: Thursday, June 8, 2017
- Time:12 noon to 1 pm
- Lunch Panel Discussion: MI HIMSS Public Policy Lunch Panel: "Expanding Connectivity Across the Spectrum of Care at the National, State and Local Levels"
- Speaker-Moderator: Valerie Rogers, MPH, Director State Government Affairs, HIMSS North America
- Panelists (Invited):
- Nedra Garrett, MS, Senior Advisor for Informatics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Representative of Public Health Informatics Institute (PHPI) TBA
Last June at Connecting Michigan for Health conference and during fall 2016 and winter 2017 follow-up sessions, HIMSS, ONC/HHS and the Stewards of Change (SOC) worked with Michigan stakeholders on a strategy for “Building Community-Based Solutions to Connect for Public Health.” Valerie Rogers will highlight the work that HIMSS and SOC, along with major funders, are pursuing to take that work to the next level. Nedra Garrett will review CDC’s interoperability work, its Community Health Record and its participation in the work of the Joint Public Health Informatics Task Force (JPHIT). Representatives of the Public Health Informatics Institute (PHIP) will review their work on the Digital Bridge, including the current work in Michigan, and discuss its importance in connecting across the care continuum. Given the current budget climate, the panel will emphasize the importance of having states and locals organizations/initiatives take advantage of and plan for greater cooperation and sharing of information (especially during public health crises).
- Event: Southwest Michigan Networking and Education Event
- Date: Thursday, June 29
- Time: 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Venue to be announced in Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Registration : Click here to register today. (Note: No registration fee required.)
We welcome our members in Southwest Michigan to join us for this event. The HIT leaders from Borgess Health, Bronson Healthcare and Lakeland Health will discuss their collaboration initiatives to share data and knowledge to improve the patient experience as well as the health of their communities. Through a presentation and panel discussion, they will share information about their successful strategies and their perspectives on how to enhance and expand collaborative efforts to achieve greater impact.