Michigan HIMSS Chapter - Circle Your Calendar for New Events
Join us for events for Q4, 2017!
1. Upper Peninsula Cybersecurity Presentation and Reception
- Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
- Time: Presentation 2 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. / Reception: To Follow Upon Conclusion of Presentation
- Location (Presentation): Upper Peninsula Health Plan, 853 W. Washington Street, Marquette, MI
- Location (Reception): Holiday Inn Marquette, 1951 U.S. 41 West, Marquette, Michigan, MI 49855 (located one mile from presentation location)
- Title: “Updates and Trends in Healthcare Cybersecurity” [Presentation will focus on phishing, medical devices and ransomware.]
- Registration: Limited seating available. Register today!
- Speaker: Linda M. Bower, CISSP, Information Security Officer, Munson Healthcare
2.Midwest Fall Technology Conference, October 22 - 24, 2017
- Dates/Times: October 22, 5:00pm - October 24, 2:45pm, EDT
- Location: JW Marriott, 10 S. West Street Indianapolis, IN 46204 To reserve your room, book today. .
- Registration: For more information, please contact registration at 630-833-5006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conference Schedule: Updated schedule available. Optional ANIA-NI Certification Program: October 21 and 22 available.
- Conference Web Site: Click here
- Travel Information: Enjoy the sights and sounds of Indianapolis. Check details at the Visitor’s Bureau.
- Questions: Click here
3.2nd Annual Symposium and Workshop [ethical, legal and social implications of learning health systems (ELSI-LHS)]
- Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
- Location: University of Michigan - Palmer Commons, 100 Washtenaw Ave. , Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Topic: The symposium will lay out the ELSI of data sharing and translation in learning health systems that strive to be both FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable) and fair. The day will interactively address critical issues on data and knowledge sharing.
- Speakers: John Wilbanks, Elizabeth Pike, Kenneth Goodman, Debra Mathews, Peter Embi, Peter Singleton, Warren Kibbe, Joon-Ho Yu and more to come
- Registration: Register today. No fee required.
- Hashtag: #elsilhs
4. Save the Date! HIMSS18 Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Receptionhe Board of Directors for the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS invites our members to join us for an evening reception while attending the annual conference. Learn more about planned chapter activities and how you can participate. We look forward to meeting you and enjoying an evening of networking.
- Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: TBD
5. Learning More About Planned Events and Activities!