MI HIMSS Chapter - Summer Time News
We hope you are enjoying summer time fun with family and friends!
Circle the date for the MI HIMSS Annual Fall Conference!
Conference Title: "Fix the DAMN Roads!" How Innovation, Interoperability, and Emerging Initiatives are Paving Michigan's Road to Health Equity and Access
Date / Time: Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Venue is in the Metropolitan Detroit area at the Sheraton Detroit- Novi Hotel, 21111 Haggerty Rd., Novi MI 48375
Hotel Details: Chapter member room rate of $149 per night
Registration Fees: The link to register will be available shortly.
- MI HIMSS Members - $75.00
- Non-Member (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $95.00
- Student Member - $35.00
- Student Non-Member - (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $50.00
Agenda: The conference includes both panel discussions as well as individual speakers and two key note speakers. More details will follow:
- #1 - Morning Key Note Speaker:
- Topic: Social Determinants of Health (SDoH), Public Health, Health Disparities and Health Care Equity. How interoperability and its focus on SDoH and Health Care Equity impacts the Michigan landscape.
- #2 – Topic: Data Standards, Interoperability, FHIR use cases, DaVinci, SDoH.
- 3# - Topic: Data Standards and Social Determinants of Health
- #4 –Topic: How evolving data standards, the focus on SDoH data and new innovations change payment methodology as well as payment models.
- #5 – Topic: Michigan State Interoperability Roadmap
- #6 – Topic: Innovations in Healthcare
- #7 – Closing Key Note Speaker
Sponsorship Opportunities: To learn about available sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mr. Lee Marana.
In the News…
On July 12, 2019, a news release from the state identified that Dr. Michael Zaroukian has been appointed to the Michigan Health Information Technology Commission. Many of you may remember Dr. Zaroukian’s contributions to HIMSS including the role as past chair of the HIMSS Board of Directors and past chair of the HIMSS North America Board of Directors. Read more about Dr. Zaroukian here.
Please join us in congratulating, Dr. Zaroukian, on this new position providing the state of Michigan with his expertise and enthusiasm for Health Information Technology!
“Michael H. Zaroukian, of Okemos, is the vice president, chief medical information officer, and chief transformation officer for Sparrow Health System and a professor emeritus at the Michigan State University Department of Medicine. He earned his Doctor of Medicine and Ph.D. in Microbiology from Michigan State University. Dr. Zaroukian is appointed to succeed Michael Chrissos, whose term expires August 3, 2019, to represent doctors of medicine for a term commencing August 4, 2019 and expiring August 3, 2023.
The Health Information Technology Commission was created to facilitate and promote the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of interoperable health care information infrastructure in this state.
These appointments are not subject to the advice and consent of the Senate. “
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make this and other events possible through their generous support. For any questions or information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mr. Lee Marana.