MI HIMSS Chapter - Still Time to Register for HIMSS19 Reception
As you organize your calendar for HIMSS19, here are a few items of interest including the Chapter reception. In addition, there is another event of interest in March right here in Michigan so save the date.
HIMSS19 Chapter Reception
What a great opportunity to meet many of the Michigan Chapter members in one place at one time! Don’t forget to register for the Chapter reception while attending the Annual Conference.
- Registration: Click here to register to join us:
- Theme: Tailgating with Friends [Wear your favorite team color!]
- Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2019
- Time: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Location: Orange County Convention Center, Exhibit Floor, Booth 3645 [Connection Booth]
We are celebrating Michigan Chapter of HIMSS members especially Cynthia Green-Edwards. one of the recipients of the HIMSS State Official of the Year Award. Ms. Green-Edwards, Chief Compliance Officer, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Is named the 2018 HIMSS State Official of the Year.
Public Policy and Advocacy Items of Interest at HIMSS19
Monday, February 11th
- Best Practices Symposium: Leveraging Information and Technology to Combat Opioid Addiction: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (Separate Registration Required for Pre-Conference Symposia)
Tuesday, February 12th
- Education Session: Federal-State Response to the Opioid Crisis: 1:30 – 2:30 PM
- State Policy Learning Lab: The Value of State-level Health IT Strategic Planning: 2:30 – 4:00 PM
Wednesday, February 13th
- Education Session: Smart States and the Push towards Health IT Modernization: 8:30 – 9:30 AM
- Roundtable on the Opioid Crisis with HIMSS Electronic Health Record Association: 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- State Policy Learning Lab: Smart Cites & Smart Health Systems 2:00 – 4:30 PM
Thursday, February 14th
- Interoperability Showcase Tour: 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- State Policy Learning Lab: Bridging the Gap: Health IT Policy Strategies to Connect the Spectrum of Care 1:00 – 2:30 PM
- HIMSS Spot: What’s Next for State Policy: An Update on Chapter Advocacy and Health IT in the Region: 3:00 – 3:45 PM
When Visiting the Exhibit Hall…
Join us in visiting Chapter Sponsors in the Exhibit Hall and thank them for their on-going support for Michigan Chapter events. Our Premier Sponsor, Connection, is hosting our February 12th reception. While at the reception, you can also meet representatives from our Executive Sponsors, MiHIN and Zscaler. In addition, three of our Executive Sponsors will be exhibiting during the conference: Capsa Healthcare (Booth 1431), ScImage (Booth 2521) and TECH LOCK, present in the kiosk at the HITRUST Booth 1287.
Save the Date - March Event in Michigan
Big Data & Analytics Summit 2019
- Dates / Times: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 8:00 AM – Friday, March 22, 2019, 6:00 PM EDT
- Location: Wayne State University, Student Center, 5221 Gullen Mall, 2nd Floor, Detroit, MI 48202
- Speakers: View the outstanding roster of speakers.
- Agenda: See the current version of the agenda.
- Registration: To register today, click here.
- Students: $ 40 plus service fee
- Professionals: 1 or 2 day registration is available ranging from $100 to $195 plus service fee
Conference Theme: “Special focus on managing and analyzing the data captured through marketing, product development, manufacturing, distribution, sales, and service in a global setting…Summit attendees gain keen insights and learn tips on identifying big data opportunities, developing business cases, and using analytics to drive business success. The summit also seeks to provide a clear distinction between legacy analytics that are pervasive in industry and the emerging next generation tools, technologies, and processes that will form the foundation for a new wave of innovation and growth."
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make this and other events possible through their generous support. For more information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mary Anne Ford.
Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!