MI HIMSS Chapter – Sign Up Today for Career Development Webinar & December Networking Event
Announcing Two More Events Before 2017 Ends!
In 2 weeks, attend a Career Development webinar.
Tthank you for a successful Cybersecurity event October 27th.
Watch for more events planned for 2018!
1. Webinar: HIT Professional Development Opportunities - Nov. 16, 2017!
- Date: Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Time: 2 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Central (one hour webinar)
Bring your questions for our speakers! Our speakers are interested in your questions about career development.
- Speakers: Mr. Eric Born, Managing Director, Medix IT, and Cheryl D. Parker, PhD, RN-BC, CNE, FHIMSS, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Nursing & Health Science University of Texas at Tyler
- “Advancing My Career in HIT + Trends in the Market”, Eric Born, and
- “Mid-Career Clinicians: HIT Paths and Where They Might Lead You”, Dr. Cheryl D. Parker
- Topic: Two speakers will address trends and options for early and mid-career Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) professionals. Mr. Eric Born will focus on advancing your career by reviewing employment trends for early to mid-career, HIT professionals as they plan their professional goals and growth. Dr. Cheryl D. Parker will focus on the professional options available to mid-career clinicians working in HIT and the various career paths they might consider for future opportunities.
- Registration: Click here to register today.
2. Networking Event in the Detroit Metro Area
- Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Time: 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Location: The Westin Southfield Detroit, 1500 Town Center, Southfield, Michigan 48075; Phone: 248.827.4000 Map Available Here
- Featured Guest Speaker: Mr. Larry Steinberg, MBA
- Presentation: “Healthcare 2018: Boldly Going!”
- Registration: Reserve your place today for this event
3. Save the Date! HIMSS18 Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Reception
The Board of Directors for the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS invites our members to join us for an evening reception while attending the annual conference. Learn more about planned chapter activities and how you can participate. We look forward to meeting you and enjoying an evening of networking.
- Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: TBD
- More details to follow
Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!