Presidents Letter, Q1 2018
On behalf of the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Board of Directors, we would like to provide you with a Q1, 2018 update of activities and items of interest for our members. We are embarking on an effort to better reach and serve our entire chapter membership. We have recently held events in Kalamazoo, Southfield, Marquette, and planning more in other parts of the state. We are also making an effort to engage with our higher education partners and students. To do these things we are building work groups around programs, sponsorship, membership and communications. If you are interested in helping to build your HIMSS Chapter, we invite you to contact us.
Jerry Morin, CPHIMS, CFCHE Angela Vanker, MPH
President, 2017-2018 President-Elect, 2017-2018
1. Congratulations to Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) as a 2017 HIMSS Enterprise Davies Award Recipient!
You can learn more about HFHS leveraged their electronic medical record during a presentation featured at HIMSS18:
- reduce the incidence of venous thromboembolism (VTE),
- provide alternative pathways for ED physicians to orchestrate OPD care pathways, and
- develop a Revenue Cycle Playbook to address productivity and realize revenue capture gains.
Session at HIMSS18: Enterprise-Wide Value Realization through IT: A Davies Story
- Date/Time: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 / 8:30am - 9:30am
- Location: Las Vegas - Venetian Convention Center, Murano 3301
2. Michigan HIMSS Chapter Reception at HIMSS18 Annual Conference
The Board of the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS invites you to join us for an evening reception while at HIMSS18.
- Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Time: 6 p.m.-8 p.m. (Pacific)
- Location: The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, 3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Restaurant At The Venetian: AQUAKNOX in the Aqua room [This is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award winning restaurant and bar.]
- Map for The Venetian: Find a map of The Venetian property and the location of AQUAKNOX. The restaurant, AQUAKNOX, is #17 on the map and is located with a cluster of restaurants on the Casino level.
- Food and Beverage: Cocktails and appetizers will be served.
- Registration: Register today!
3. A Focus on Students
Several Board Members will be presenting to Students at the UM Health Informatics Graduate Seminar for first and second year students. While this is a closed session for these students, we are available to assist any other educational institutions to share career opportunities available to them and how membership in MI HIMSS can broaden their horizons as they chart their future, professional course.
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 / 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- Location: University of Michigan, Ross School of Business at 1570 Blau Hall, Ann Arbor.
2018 Chapter Sponsors
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make this and other events possible through their generous support. For more information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mary Anne Ford.
Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!