MI HIMSS Chapter - Oct. 27th Event with Virtual Access & Details for Rest of Q4 2017
We have been busy finding ways to help our MI HIMSS members be able to join us in spite of some distance across the state. Now introducing virtual access to our next event on Cybersecurity.
1. Upper Peninsula Cybersecurity Event and Reception
Our sponsor for this event is MSMS Insurance Agency.
- Date: Friday, October 27, 2017
- Time: Presentation 2 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. / Reception: To Follow Upon Conclusion of Presentation
Not able to join us for this event in Marquette? Click here to register for the live streaming of these presentations. In addition, the session will be recorded.
- Location (Presentation): Upper Peninsula Health Plan, 853 W. Washington Street, Marquette, MI
- Location (Reception): Holiday Inn Marquette, 1951 U.S. 41 West, Marquette, Michigan, MI 49855 (located one mile from presentation location)
- Presentation Titles: (a) “Updates and Trends in Healthcare Cybersecurity” [Presentation will focus on phishing, medical devices and ransomware.] and (b) “Confronting Cyber Threats: Cyber Security from the FBI’s Perspective”
- Registration: Limited seating available. Register today here if you will attend in Marquette.
- Speakers: Linda M. Bower, CISSP, Information Security Officer, Munson Healthcare, and Kenneth M. Zimmerman, Task Order Officer, Federal Bureau of Investigation's Detroit Cyber Squad.
- Speaker Biographies:
Kenneth M. Zimmerman is a Detroit based Task Force Officer (TFO) assigned to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Detroit Cyber Squad. TFO Zimmerman has worked for the FBI for four years researching and addressing cyber threats. He has published reports on advanced persistent threats, malware analysis, and ransomware. He also has extensive experience pertaining to threats and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of fortune 500 companies. He specializes in computer forensic investigations.
2. Webinar: HIT Professional Development Opportunities New Details!
- Date: Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Time: 2 p.m. Eastern/1 p.m. Central (one hour webinar)
- Bring your questions for our speakers! The session will be recorded and posted on the Chapter web site, in case you miss this outstanding webinar.
- Speakers: Mr. Eric Born, Managing Director, Medix IT, and Cheryl D. Parker, PhD, RN-BC, CNE, FHIMSS, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Nursing & Health Science University of Texas at Tyler
- Presentations: “Advancing My Career in HIT + Trends in the Market”, Eric Born, and “Mid-Career Clinicians: HIT Paths and Where They Might Lead You”, Dr. Cheryl D. Parker
- Topic: Two speakers will address trends and options for early and mid-career Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) professionals. Mr. Eric Born will focus on advancing your career by reviewing employment trends for early to mid-career HIT professionals as they plan their professional goals and growth. Dr. Cheryl D. Parker will focus on the professional options available to mid-career clinicians working in HIT and the various career paths they might consider for future opportunities.
- Registration: Click here to register. The session will also be recorded if you are not able to join the event.
- Speaker Biographies:
3. Networking Event in the Detroit Metro Area Plus Guest Speaker
- Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Time: 5:30 pm - 7:30 p.m. (Eastern-to be confirmed)
- Location: TBD
- Featured Guest Speaker Prior to Networking Event: Mr. Larry Steinberg, MBA
- Presentation: “Healthcare 2018: Boldly Going!”
- Registration: To open shortly
- Speaker Biography:
Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!