Does Your Career Need A Boost?
Join us for a Career Development webinar on Thursday, November 16, 2017.
Reserve you seat today.
1. Webinar: HIT Professional Development Opportunities
- Date: Thursday, November 16, 2017
- Time: 2 p.m. Eastern (one hour webinar)
- Bring your questions for our speakers! Our speakers are interested in your questions about career development.
- Speakers: Mr. Eric Born, Managing Director, Medix IT, and Cheryl D. Parker, PhD, RN-BC, CNE, FHIMSS, Clinical Assistant Professor, College of Nursing & Health Science University of Texas at Tyler
- “Advancing My Career in HIT + Trends in the Market”, Eric Born, and
- “Mid-Career Clinicians: HIT Paths and Where They Might Lead You”, Dr. Cheryl D. Parker
- Topic: Two speakers will address trends and options for early and mid-career Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) professionals. Mr. Eric Born will focus on advancing your career by reviewing employment trends for early to mid-career, HIT professionals as they plan their professional goals and growth. Dr. Cheryl D. Parker will focus on the professional options available to mid-career clinicians working in HIT and the various career paths they might consider for future opportunities.
- Registration: Click here to register today.
- Speaker Biographies:
2. 2nd Annual Symposium and Workshop [ethical, legal and social implications of learning health systems (ELSI-LHS)]
- Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
- Time: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST
- Location: University of Michigan - Palmer Commons, 100 Washtenaw Ave. , Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- Topic: The symposium will lay out the ELSI of data sharing and translation in learning health systems that strive to be both FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable) and fair. The day will interactively address critical issues on data and knowledge sharing.
- Speakers: John Wilbanks, Elizabeth Pike, Kenneth Goodman, Debra Mathews, Peter Embi, Peter Singleton, Warren Kibbe, Joon-Ho Yu and more to come
- Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/elsi-lhs-2017-symposium-workshop-tickets-34856865824?aff=eac2 No fee required.
- Hashtag: #elsilhs
3.Winter Networking Event in the Detroit Metro Area
- Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017
- Time: 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Location: The Westin Southfield Detroit, 1500 Town Center, Southfield, Michigan 48075; Phone: 248.827.4000 Map Available Here
- Featured Guest Speaker Prior to Networking Event: Mr. Larry Steinberg, MBA
- Presentation: “Healthcare 2018: Boldly Going!”
- Registration: Reserve your place today for this event
- Speaker Biography:
4. Save the Date! HIMSS18 Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Reception
The Board of Directors for the Michigan Chapter of HIMSS invites our members to join us for an evening reception while attending the annual conference. Learn more about planned chapter activities and how you can participate. We look forward to meeting you and enjoying an evening of networking.
- Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
- Time: 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Location: TBD
More details to follow.
5. Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!