MI HIMSS Chapter - HIMSS18 Chapter Reception Registration Extended to March 1, 2018
Due to the popular demand of our members, registration for the Chapter Reception has been extended until March 1, 2017. Register today! We look forward to seeing you very soon.
1.New Details Added: “Gaps in Care” Discussion at HIMSS18
- Date/Time: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 / 12 noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: HIMSS Strategic Services location in the Venetian; Toscana 3803, Level 3, Foyer East
- Location: Meeting place is located in HIMSS Strategic Services area within the Venetian; Room - Toscana 3803, Level 3, Foyer East
- Registration: Please RSVP soon with Nazy Kazerani (Nazanin.firstname.lastname@example.org) as spaces are limited for this increasingly urgent topic.
- Lunch: A box lunch will be served during this meeting
Please join us in an open discussion about effectively communicating patient-level quality measure results and gaps in care. There is currently no national standard for sharing this important information, forcing health care stakeholders to share measure results in a myriad of disparate and inefficient ways.
This panel will seek to define critical data elements that belong in any proposed specification for a national standard along with a format to share this information in a highly interoperable way. The eventual outcome will be a draft whitepaper wherein recommendations for a standard are formally proposed and submitted to HL7.
2.Register Today! Michigan Chapter of HIMSS Reception at HIMSS18
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 / 6 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Location: The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino, 3355 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
- Restaurant With The Venetian: AQUAKNOX in the Aqua room [This is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award winning restaurant and bar.]
- Map for The Venetian: Find a map of The Venetian property and the location of AQUAKNOX. The restaurant, AQUAKNOX, is #17 on the map and is located with a cluster of restaurants.
- Food and Beverage: Cocktails and passed appetizers will be served
- Registration Closes on Thursday, March 1, 2018 COB: Click here to register. There is no fee to attend the reception.
3.Don’t Forget! Two Michigan Members Are Receiving Awards at HIMSS18
Congratulations to Michael H. Zaroukian, MD, PhD, MACP, FHIMSS, Winner of the Board of Director Service Awards! He will receive his award during the HIMSS Awards Gala on Thursday, March 8, 2018, during the 2018 HIMSS Conference & Exhibition in Las Vegas.
Congratulations to Henry Ford Health System, the 2017 HIMSS Enterprise Davies Award Recipient. [For more details, visit the HIMSS website.) You can learn more about HFHS leveraged their electronic medical record during a presentation featured at HIMSS18: - reduce the incidence of venous thromboembolism (VTE), - provide alternative pathways for ED physicians to orchestrate OPD care pathways, and - develop a Revenue Cycle Playbook to address productivity and realize revenue capture gains.
- HIMSS18 Session: Enterprise-Wide Value Realization through IT: A Davies Story
- Date/Time: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 / 8:30am - 9:30am
- Location: Las Vegas - Venetian Convention Center, Murano 3301
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make this and other events possible through their generous support. For more information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mary Anne Ford.
Follow Us to Learn More About Planned Events and Activities!
Visit the MI Chapter of HIMSS web site for more events and updates. In addition, follow us on LinkedIn and LinkedIn Discussion Group for chapter events and information.