MI HIMSS Chapter - Event and Chapter Volunteer Opportunities
While waiting for Spring, consider an Event as well as Volunteer Opportunities?
March Event in Michigan – Later This Week!
Big Data & Analytics Summit 2019
- Dates / Times: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 8:00 AM – Friday, March 22, 2019, 6:00 PM EDT
- Location: Wayne State University, Student Center, 5221 Gullen Mall, 2nd Floor, Detroit, MI 48202
- Speakers: Learn more about event speakers.
- Agenda: Download a copy of event agenda.
- Registration: There is still time to register today.
- Students: $ 40 plus service fee
- Professionals: 1 or 2 day registration is available ranging from $100 to $195 plus service fee
Conference Theme: “Special focus on managing and analyzing the data captured through marketing, product development, manufacturing, distribution, sales, and service in a global setting…Summit attendees gain keen insights and learn tips on identifying big data opportunities, developing business cases, and using analytics to drive business success. The summit also seeks to provide a clear distinction between legacy analytics that are pervasive in industry and the emerging next generation tools, technologies, and processes that will form the foundation for a new wave of innovation and growth.
If You Missed HIMSS19...
The Michigan Chapter of HIMSS celebrated one of our members, Cynthia Green-Edwards, one of the recipients of the HIMSS State Official of the Year Award. Ms. Green-Edwards is Chief Compliance Officer, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, and was named the 2018 HIMSS State Official of the Year.
To listen to the interview conducted at HIMSS19 with Ms. Green-Edwards, click here.
The Chapter always seeks volunteers to support our goals for 2019-2020. There are two current types of opportunities for volunteers:
- Board Member Positions and
- Event or Task Group Opportunities.
There are two positions on the MI Chapter of HIMSS Board that is seeking candidates:
- Sponsorship Chair and
To apply for either Board position, please send a message to Chapter leadership for consideration before April 30, 2019.
If you would be interested in volunteer opportunities in support of either an Event or a Task Group, please send a message for consideration and share any areas of interest that you may have by no later than April 30, 2018
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors whose generous support provides opportunities to host events in support of Michigan members. For more information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Mary Anne Ford.