HIMSS MI Chapter - May 2021 Newsletter
Summer is almost here! There are still more activities and information available to our members. We wish you a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!
In Case You Missed It…
HIMSS Michigan Board Election Slate for 2021-2022
The Board Election slate for fiscal 2021-2022 is as follows:
- President Elect – Jim Kamp
- Secretary – Jerry Morin
- Treasurer – Mark Szmigiel
Should you have any comment about the identified election candidates listed above, please send your note to Dara Barrera, current Chapter President, by no later than June 11, 2021.
In addition, we would like to introduce you to the incoming Chapter President for 2021-2022, Mr. Lee Marana, who begins his tenure as of July 1, 2021. Congratulations Lee!
Member Survey – There is still time to participate!
If you did not have a chance to respond to the link in last month's newsletter or at the Chapter's LinkedIn Groups page, there is still time to participate in our Member Survey. One of the important survey questions focuses on the topics of greatest interest for planned webinars. As you share more information with us, we can deliver meaningful and relevant programs to support your continuing education goals. Please take a few moments to respond to this survey so that we can better serve you in the coming fiscal year, 2021-2022. Click here to complete this survey by Friday, June 11th. Thank you for participating in this year’s survey!
Excellent feedback from May 18th webinar featuring Dr. Guy C. Hembroff
We have received excellent feedback from last week’s webinar, Developing a Trusted Framework to Improve Population Health Management and Patient Engagement. As a result, we will be scheduling the webinar again in the near future.
2021 National Conference, August 9-13 at the Sands Expo Convention Center
This year’s annual conference includes 300+ education sessions, pre-conference symposia plus special programs and endless networking events. Click here to register, book your hotel or visit the conference schedule.
Did you know that there is a HIMSS21 Digital option for those of you who cannot travel to the conference? You can select registration for on-demand access to the digital program for 45 days post-conference. Click here to register for this digital option.
There are still an option to register for the conference with advance rates that apply through July 12, 2021. If registering after July 12, 2021, standard registration rates will apply..
If you previously paid registration for HIMSS20, an email was sent directly to you with instructions as to how to rollover the registration. Do not register through the website. If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.
Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
ONC has launched a new project called “Health Interoperability Outcomes 2030”. Learn Health Interoperability Outcomes 2030 - Health IT Buzz more about this effort. You can participate by visiting this site or chat on Twitter @ONC_HealthIT with #HealthInterop2030 to send your response(s). Submissions will be accepted through July 30, 2021. Throughout the response period, ONC will be organizing and synthesizing input consistent with their plan to publish a prioritized set of interoperability outcome statements later in the fall. To access a copy of ONC Health IT Standards Bulletin for May, 2021, click here.
Events and Webinars: Months-at-a-Glance
- June 24, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More, Virtual Care (Telehealth & Patient Reported Outcomes) Workshop
- August 3-5, 2021 – Ready to Launch: From Concept to Reality (Virtual HIE Conference) [Note: This event has been rescheduled from June 1-3]
- October 12, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More, Sharing Psychiatric ADT and Treatment Center Notifications Workshop
- November 9, 8:00 a.m. – 3:45 p.m. – 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More, Summary of Healthcare Technology 3.0 – Exploring the New Paradigm
1. June 24, 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More, Virtual Care (Telehealth & Patient Reported Outcomes) Workshop
2. Dates: August 3-5, 2021 Ready to Launch: From Concept to Reality (Virtual HIE Conference)
- Registration: Access to registration will be available in following newsletters.
- Speaker: To be announced.
Ready to Launch: From Concept to Reality is a physician organization sponsored virtual HIE conference that will highlight the boots-on-the-ground efforts of practices and providers across Michigan.
Conference attendees will hear HIE success stories from various stakeholders throughout the state, and how local initiatives continue to shape the healthcare community. They will gain insights into advanced healthcare information exchange and how it has been adopted by various physician organizations and their member practices. Participating physician organizations will share stories about their work supporting health information exchange, interoperability and current initiatives and achievements to optimize healthcare services and product solutions.
Speakers will explore how the changing landscape for health information exchange is shaping opportunities for all stakeholders to reevaluate the use of ever more fluid electronic health data to facilitate transformation initiatives and their own success with business goals.
As an in-kind sponsor for the conference, the HIMSS Michigan Chapter will host a virtual program for students and young professions on Day 2 of the event. In addition to general education sessions, attendees will have opportunities to network with industry professionals and participate in professional development sessions and career fair.
All HIMSS Michigan Chapter sponsors are welcome to participate in the career fair and vendor exhibit. For information on sponsorship opportunities, please visit the HIMSS Michigan Chapter website.
3. 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More: October 12, 9 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. – 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More, Sharing Psychiatric ADT and Treatment Center Notifications Workshop
- Agenda: Click here to download agenda CM4MTH-Agenda-Template.Workshop-ADT.v3.pdf (mihin.org)
- Registration: Fee = $25. Click here to register for this event.
4. 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More: November 9 , 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. – 2021 Connecting Michigan for Health and More, Summary of Healthcare Technology 3.0 – Exploring the New Paradigm
- Agenda: Click here to download agenda CM4MTH-Agenda-Template.Cornerstone-Event-Two-v5-01-04-21.pdf (mihin.org)
- Registration: Fee = $200. Click here to register for this event.
Note: If you register for all three events from this series, registrants will pay $240 if registering by June 23, 2021.
We would like to thank our Chapter Sponsors who make our events and efforts possible through their generous support. For any questions or information about Sponsorship opportunities, contact Dan Boyle.