An Events Update From The Michigan Chapter of HIMSS
As we usher in autumn, there are a number of opportunities for our members to participate in events as well as to access podcasts.
- Regional Event: The 2016 Midwest Fall Technology Conference (MFTC) will be held at the Radisson Blu (The Mall of America) in Bloomington, Minnesota, from November 13th through 15th. This year’s host is the Minnesota Chapter of HIMSS. The conference is a collaboration of five Midwest HIMSS Chapters: Greater Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin Dairyland.
- Michigan Event: An symposium will be held at the University of Michigan with support from HIMSS.
- Title: Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of Learning Health Systems Symposium
- Date/Time: November 18, 2016, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Location: A. Alfred Taubman Biomedical Science Research Building, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
- For more information, visit the symposium website.
- More Michigan Events To Come: Please continue to watch for new announcements for 2017 educational, networking and social events.
- If you missed the 2015 Midwest Fall Technology Conference held in Detroit, enjoy the conference photos.
- A number of podcasts are available from 2015 MFTC speakers and panelists by Diva Tech Talks:
- Susan Heichert: “CIO Builds Her Career on Joy” (Minnesota Chapter member)
- Carla Smith: “Healthcare Champion and Technology Translator” (HIMSS National)
- Jacqueline Rosenblatt: “Positive Egaliterian Leader” (Michigan Chapter, Past-President)
- CIO’s Mary Alice Annecharico and Donna Roach Lead Change (Michigan Chapter)
- Valerie Rogers: Forging the Path Toward Connected Health Systems (Michigan Chapter)