Upper Peninsula Healthcare Cybersecurity Summit
The healthcare industry has become a prime target of cyber-attacks.The industry is facing a host of cyber security issues, not the least of which is the expanding threat landscape, growing connectivity thru the IoT, and the expanding number of medical devices used from providers to individuals. Each of these issues has a financial and reputational impact for providers, healthcare institutions, hospitals and third-party vendors. It also has a big impact on the health and patient care environment in which we all live and work.
The focus on aligning security efforts to support broader organizational objectives from patient care to financial growth is the focus of this one-day summit. Leaders will be especially interested in the morning sessions that focus on key healthcare business issues; the nexus between patient care and cyber threats; the growing need for cyber workforce and finally a legislative perspective on all the business challenges related to cyber security.
The afternoon “marketplace” was designed as a small business trade show, especially geared towards IT and Security operators. Vendors attending work primarily in the small and mid-tier market space, making their products and services especially appealing to the U.P. healthcare stakeholders.
The Summit, jointly sponsored by the Michigan Healthcare Cyber Security Council, the Lake Superior Community Partnership and InvestUP, is free to all attendees and vendors. Join us in partnering with NICE Community Schools and their K-12 peers as we provide advice and guidance to our region's cybersecurity high school students.
- Date Time: Friday, November 8, 2019 from 8 am to 4 pm (E)
- Location: Northern Center at Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, Michigan 49855
- Registration: This event is free to attendees. Complete your registration here.
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:20 a.m. Registration
- 8:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Welcome and Overview (Amy Clickner and Marty Fittante)
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. Keynote: Taking a Holistic Approach to Business Aligned Security, Jack Kufahl, Board Chairman, Michigan Healthcare Cyber Security Council
- 9:15 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. Recognizing the Device Security Blindspot for 21st Century Healthcare Armis Security
- 9:45 am – 10:00 am Break
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Concurrent Session Conference Rooms A-B
- Understanding the UP Healthcare Security Landscape and collaborating on common challenges. Moderated by Lee Marana, IT Security Officer, Upper Peninsula Health Plan and Janey Joffee, Assistant Director, Upper Peninsula Health Care Solutions; Workforce Outlook- Growing cyber security workforce as a multi-generational challenge. Moderated by Carol Johnson, Dean, College of Business, Northern Michigan University
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Legislative perspectives on Healthcare and Cyber Security: Panel discussion facilitated by Amy Clicker, CEO of the Lake Superior Partnership and Marty Fittante, CEO of InvestUP. Opening remarks by Senator Curt VanderWall, Chair of Michigan Senate Health Policy Committee and Senator Ed McBroom of the 38th Senate District
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Catered Lunch in partnership w/ NICE Community Schools
- 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Security Marketplace - Small/Mid-Tier Business Trade Show highlighting various Michigan UP firms and select national vendors.