Michigan HIT Commission Meeting (Open to Public)
September 24, 1:00pm, EDT - 3:00pm, EDT
The meeting will be open to the public on Monday, September 24th, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: 333 South Grand, Lansing, Michigan, in the MDHHS building.
Topics to Be Discussed:
- MDHHS Update (including an update on FY20 State of Michigan [SoM] HIE IAPD [Implementation Advanced Planning Document[, and update on standing resolution to revisit the SoM HIE strategic plan) – Meghan Vanderstelt (MDHHS Director of Policy and Innovation). The Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) approved Michigan’s HIE IAPD. MDHHS will offer a brief overview of the projects included in this APD, and its own initiatives to advance the standing resolution to update the state’s HIT strategic plan
- SoM “Creation of a Statewide HIT Strategy” – Commissioner Sarah Esty (MDHHS Senior Deputy Director of Policy and Planning). MDHHS will offer a brief overview of its strategic planning efforts to convene stakeholders across Michigan’s healthcare ecosystem to align efforts that will optimize HIE and interoperability across the state.
- HHS Overview of Benefits Statewide HIT Strategic Planning – Arun Natarajan and Larry Jessop (both are representatives of ONC)/ ONC representation will offer a brief overview of the benefits of pursuing stakeholder-inclusive statewide HIT strategic planning, using the example of other states and efforts across the country to align state priorities to federal HIT policy.
- “Statewide eConsent Management” – Shreya Patel (MiHIN). As part of the FY20-21 HIE IAPD, MiHIN is pursuing a statewide eConsent Management Service (eCMS) to better share patient consent preferences, especially in the field behavioral health.
- “Advancing Interoperability” – Drew Murray and Brianne Carpenter (both are representations of MiHIN). Brief discussion on MiHIN’s efforts to explore the state of interoperability in the SoM, and its initiative to establish a statewide HIE implementation tool to further “level up” providers.