MI Chapter of HIMSS Fall Conference 2019
Location: Sheraton Detroit - Novi Hotel
Conference Title: "Fix the DAMN Roads!" How Innovation, Interoperability, and Emerging Initiatives are Paving Michigan's Road to Health Equity and Access
Date / Time: Thursday, October 3, 2019 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Venue is in the Metropolitan Detroit area at the Sheraton Detroit- Novi Hotel, 21111 Haggerty Rd., Novi MI 48375
Hotel Details: Call the Marriott reservations at 1.800.721.7033 and advise them of the name of the event: State Chapter of Health Info Servces-Michigan HIMSS Chapter. Chapter member room rate of $149 per night based on arrival on 10/2/19 and departure on 10/3/19 (conference date). UPDATED INFORMATION: Hotel reservations must be received on or before Friday, September 29, 2019, in order to be eligible for the discounted room rate. You can complete a reservation on-line.
Registration Fees: Click in the link to register today.
- MI HIMSS Members - $75.00
- Non-Member (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $95.00
- Government Employees & Military - $82.00 (A courtesy discount is applied to these attendees. Please use your employer email address when registering.)
- Student Member - $35.00
- Student Non-Member - (Fee includes one year MI Chapter Membership) - $50.00
Agenda: There will be panel discussions as well as two key note speakers, morning and afternoon.
- Morning Key Note Speaker: Kimberlydawn Wisdom, MD, MS, SVP, Community Health and Equity and Chief Wellness and Diversity Officer, Henry Ford Health System, Michigan’s First Surgeon General. Topic: What Michigan as a state needs to do and what we should do as a nation to advance on the road to wellness, improving health equity and access. (See biography below) [Note: Dr. Wisdom has been names one of the top 25 Innovators in healthcare by Modern Healthcare in the August 16, 2019, issue.]
- FHIR-Side Chat Speakers: Robert Dieterle, Owner, EnableCare Group, and other invited panelists including members of HITA for national policy and the EHR Association. Topic: Interoperability, technology standards, HITAC, DaVinci
- The Gravity Project Speaker: Lisa Nelson, MS, MBA, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing and Principal Informaticist, MaxMD. [The Gravity Project is a national collaborative to advance interoperable social risk and protective factors documentation.] Topic: Data Standards and Social Determinants of Health (See biography below.)
- Afternoon Key Note - Clinical Standards and Quality: Quality Measures and Value-Based Incentives: Michelle Block Schreiber, MD, Director, Quality Measurement and Value-Based Incentives Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. (See biography below.)
- Quality Measures Panel Discussion: Bruce Maki, MA, M-CEITA, Program Manager, Altarum Institute, Keri Christensen, MS, FHIMSS, Director, Research Innovation, National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) and Maggie Lohnes, RN, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Research Associate, IMPAQ International. Panelists invitations have been extended to additional speakers at both CMS and NCQA.
- Michigan State Interoperability Roadmap Panel Discussion: Sara Esty, Senior Deputy Director, Policy and Planning, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Michigan HIT Commission; Nicholas D’Isa, Director of Compliance and Legal, Physicians Health Plan (Michigan); Carrie Paykoc, Interim Executive Director, Colorado Office of eInnovation; Valerie Rogers, MPH, Director, Government Affairs, HIMSS. (See biography below.)
- How Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Technology and Innovation Can Improve Wellness and Equity While Reducing Disparity: Adam Culbertson, Health IT Program Manager, Boston Children’s Hospital and Innovator as well as former Innovator-in-Residence, ONC, and Lenel James, CPEHR, CPHIT, Senior Project Manager, Industry Standards and eHealth National Programs, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- A Michigan and Illinois, Robert Wood Johnson Initiative, Data Across Sectors for Health (DASH): Melissa Morehead, Policy Strategist Policy Manager, Michigan Public Health Institute
Sponsorship Opportunities: To learn about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mr. Lee Marana .