American Nursing Informatics Association (ANIA) Heart of America Chapter (Kansas and Missouri): “Finding the Heart in Informatics”
Zoom online education symposium
- Date: Friday, September 25, 2020
- Time: 9:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Eastern) (access Zoom link as early as 9:00 a.m.)
- CNEs Available: 4 CNEs are available for attending the entire symposium.1 Recordings will be provided after the event.
- Registration: Fee of $30 for symposium. Click here to complete. Payment available through PayPal, PayPal as guest, or via Credit Card. No refunds available.
Schedule for Symposium:
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. Welcome: Lauren Gray, Chapter President
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. Paul Aylin, MBChB, FFPH, FRCPE - From big to bigger The potential for “big data” to improve patient care
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. Break (sponsor) Kansas City Free Eye Clinic
- 10:45-11:45 a.m. Cheryl Hertel, MBA, RN-BC, FACHE, CHCIO - Journey from Nurse Informatics to CIO
- 11:45 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Break (sponsor) First Hand
- 12:00 -1:00 p.m. Nicole Mohiuddin, MS, BSN, RN-BC, and Sem Ponnambalam, MA - Cybersecurity in the Time of COVID-19 and Beyond
- 1:00-1:15 p.m. Break
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. Carolyn S. Harmon, DNP, RN-BC - Nursing Cognitive-Overload and Electronic Documentation Burden: The Current State of Science
- 2:15-2:30 p.m. Closing: Lauren Gray, Chapter President
1 The University of Kansas Health System’s Education and Development is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. Note: To receive CE hours, you must attend each speaker’s presentation in its entirety and complete the program evaluation.